Call Us Today
So the first concern people have when they are considering an Implant surgery is the pain involved and following that is the costing. In many cases the cost or the pricing can become a deterrent. Although over the years there are many implant systems available in the market which has resulted in making this treatment more economical for the patients.
We at Dr Kandhari’s Skin and Dental clinic use various implant systems and aim to provide the best available option to our patients. There are many steps involved right from the pre planning and consultation upto giving the final prosthesis which could be a crown, bridge or even a fixed denture. The various factors which affect the costing are the
- Number of implants needed.
- How extensive the surgery is like whether the patient needs surgical extractions and other complex procedures like bone grafting, sinus lifts, GBR membranes Ect
- Type of prosthesis needed in the second stage like a single crown or a bridge or in some cases a fixed full mouth denture.
All the above factors need to be taken into consideration when the planning and costing is being finalised.
At Dr Kandhari’s Skin and Dental clinic we divide the entire procedure into four main steps:
- Consultation and preplanning : Here the entire procedure is explained in detail to the patient along with the time frame involved. Than we go ahead with intraoral and facial photographs followed by impressions.
- Scan and planning: The patient is than referred for a CBCT scan of affected area. Than a detailed planning is done with our team of expert surgeons and prosthodontist.
- 3D Guide fabrication: In most cases we prefer to do a guided 3D surgery. This is a much less extensive surgery with excellent healing for the patient. This involves fabrication of a computer guided stent which allows us to carry out a very precise procedure.
- Surgery: After completion of all the above steps we carry out the actual surgery in a single sitting.
- FollowUp: This is usually after 24 hours we recall our patient for a followup and examination of the surgical site.
- Prosthetic rehabilitation:The patient is than recalled after 3 to 4 months for the second phase for the final impression and the crown or bridge.
When considering the cost of this treatment there are many things to remember like
- An implant is like a lifetime investment in your health. It will last you for a long long time and along with the aesthetics, teeth are vital for chewing and eating.
- The experience, effort and the skill of your surgeon doing the surgery.
- The sterilisation protocol being followed by the clinic, this is of utmost importance when considering any dental treatment.
- Hence, even though the costing or price is important it is not the most important factor to consider because there are many steps and protocols involved in implant surgery and it is of utmost import dance that they are followed to provide the best outcome of treatment.