Let’s start with why is it important for your child to visit a dentist at an early age. By early age we mean as soon as the first teeth erupts. Being the most trusted and best dentist in Delhi, Dr. Gargi Kandhari suggests so because it allows the dentist to thoroughly check the development of the child’s mouth if there are any problems, early detection can prevent it from becoming severe. You will be surprised to know how helpful this can be in preventing conditions like baby bottle caries, prolonged thumb sucking, teething problems and rampant or repeated caries can be prevented. Also, having healthy milk teeth will ensure healthy permanent teeth because healthy milk teeth mean appropriate shape and spacing of teeth to formulate a perfect jaw shape. Any infection in the milk teeth can severely affect the underlying permanent tooth bud, thereby causing them to erupt abnormally and congenital enamel defects.
Children are a gift from God and we know how they mean the world to you. We at Kandhari’s skin and dental clinic do not treat children as mere patients as we understand how most of them are scared to visit a doctor. Our friendly and caring staffs ensure that your children feel at comfort while they are at our clinic.
As one of the best dentists in Greater Kailash, we provide premium dental services for your precious ones. Here’s an insight of how we can treat all the dental problems that children deal with.
1.Stainless Steel Crown – These are prefabricated crowns which are used after caries and removing the decay and fitting them onto the teeth. The main purpose is to hold the filling and prevent any further decay of teeth.
2. Fluoride Releasing Tooth coloured fillings – Dr. Gargi is a well trained dentist and therefore suggests using dental fillings which release fluoride as it is really really effective in preventing the decay.
3. Dental Cleaning or Prophylaxis – Plaque & tartar should be cleaned from time to time to avoid serious dental problems. At least, pay a visit to your dentist every 6 months for regular dental care and prevention of dental diseases.
4. Fluoride Therapy – Fluoride is extremely useful for teeth as it strengthens them. This therapy is suggested for the children who are prone to caries or rampant caries.
5. Sealants – As the name suggests Sealant is a thin coating of plastic fitted on the chewing surface of teeth to prevent decay.
6. Pulpotomy – Pulp therapy or Pulpotomy cures the dental nerves and blood vessels which are infected. These kind of infections cause pain and swelling and becomes unbearable for children if not treated on time.
7. Space Maintainers – As you must already know, space maintainers block the empty spaces (broken teeth) to prevent uneven growth of teeth surrounding it.
8. Interceptive orthodontic care – The basic Orthodontic care for your children includes bite and jaw development, right positioning of teeth and braces if needed.